In Search of a Top-Notch Rehab Center? Look No Further Than The Nathaniel Witherell
Need to find a great rehab center to recuperate from surgery or an injury? Put the state-of-the-art Rehabilitation Center at The Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich, CT on top of your list. It features person-centered care, a long list of comprehensive programs to suit your needs, top-notch therapy equipment, a professional and caring staff, and more. Below, we answer some important questions about rehab facilities that may help you in your decision-making:
1. Should a rehab center offer services seven days a week?
Absolutely! It’s important to your recovery process that you receive rehab seven days a week. You’ll find that service at Witherell’s Rehabilitation Center, where you also can receive twice-a-day orthopedic rehab sessions, Monday through Friday, and once a day on weekends and most holidays – if prescribed.
2. Are comprehensive rehab programs in place and broad enough to include cardiac, pulmonary, neurological, and general medical services besides orthopedic rehab?
Yes. At Witherell, we offer the following comprehensive programs:
- Orthopedic (hip, knee, shoulder)
- Cardiac (heart surgery, valve replacement, heart transplant, heart attack, congestive heart failure)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Neurological (back surgery, spinal cord injury, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis)
- General Medical (end-stage renal disease (ESRD), cancer recovery, medically deconditioned patients).
3. How well equipped is the facility?
At Witherell, we have 42 private rooms with Wi-Fi and attractively furnished live/work space for our rehab patients. There are also many inviting public spaces, and the equipment in the Rehabilitation Center is state-of-the-art.
4. What about the staff? What is the turnover rate?
A low turnover rate is key, and Witherell has the lowest turnover rate (7 percent) of any short-term or long-term care facility in this region! This ensures that you will receive greater attention to any subtle changes in your condition, and provides consistency and accountability. Our full-time licensed rehabilitation staff provides expert medical and nursing care along with a fully individualized and coordinated treatment plan to help you on your road to recovery.
5. What is “person-centered care”?
Witherell supports a culture that respects your autonomy and individual choices. We believe you should be able to determine aspects of your daily routine, menu choices (with medical approval) and dining times. Additionally, we think visiting hours should be flexible; at Witherell, visiting hours are unrestricted.
6. How are short-term rehab or skilled nursing centers rated? The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services publishes a rating system, which evaluates every facility that participates in those programs. Witherell enjoys the coveted 5-Star Rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. At Witherell, our full-time licensed rehabilitation staff provides expert care.
The bottom line is this: at Witherell you will receive state-of-the-art care to get you back to an active life as soon as possible. That’s our goal.
Witherell’s Rehabilitation Center is convenient to those who live and work in Fairfield County and nearby Westchester County. It is located at 70 Parsonage Road in Greenwich, CT. To learn more about short-term rehab at The Nathaniel Witherell, call George Cossifos, admissions director, at 203-618-4232. Also visit www.nathanielwitherell.org.