The Nathaniel Witherell Short-Term Rehabilitation Facility Hailed by U.S. News & World Report
For Greenwich residents, The Nathaniel Witherell’s short-term rehabilitation services are a “Town jewel.” But now that The Nathaniel Witherell has received one of the new and coveted short-stay rehab ratings from U.S. News & World Report, residents across Connecticut will become aware of the high-quality care, top staff, and positive patient outcomes for which the Witherell’s short-term rehabilitation program is known.
U.S. News & World Report added the short-term rehabilitation ranking to its much-viewed nursing home ratings this year in response to increased demand for such services. The outlet consistently hailed the Witherell as a top performer for its skilled nursing services as well. The rankings are based on sets of three claims-based outcomes — rehospitalizations, discharge to the community, emergency department visits, staffing levels, resident complaints, flu vaccinations rates, and more.
“It’s rewarding to receive this recognition because it expands awareness beyond Greenwich and speaks to the dedication, quality, and compassion of our rehabilitation staff,” notes Allen M. Brown, Witherell’s Executive Director. “Within the Greenwich community the Witherell’s excellent reputation is well known.”
The full spectrum of short-term rehabilitative care at The Nathaniel Witherell includes:
- Orthopedic:Surgical aftercare for hip, knee, shoulder, and joints
- Cardiac/Pulmonary:Recuperation after heart surgery, heart attack (MI), congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Neurological:Rehabilitation after back surgery, spinal cord injury, stroke (CVA), Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- General Medical:Care for end-stage renal disease (ESRD), cancer recovery, arthritis, and other deconditioning illnesses
- Outpatient Rehabilitation:Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are available on an outpatient basis.
Services are performed in the Witherell’s 4,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility that features distinct suites for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology services, state of the art therapy equipment, and 46 private rooms for comfortable and complete recuperation.
“The Witherell offers a convenient location to recover from injury or serious illness and our top notch staff helps you get you back to the life you previously enjoyed,” says Brown. “Our short-term rehabilitation residents receive care from a highly trained therapeutic team, and they’re able to heal at a beautifully appointed facility right in their own community.”