The Nathaniel Witherell Hailed as “High Performing” by U.S. News & World Report!
Well, we’ve done it again! The Witherell’s Short-Term Rehabilitation unit has earned a “High Performing” Short-Term Rehabilitation ranking from U.S. News & World Report for the second year in a row since the rating was first launched in 2018-19. With the release of the 2020-21 rankings, The Witherell once again claims a top spot for the high-quality care, professional staff, and positive patient outcomes for which it is known.
U.S. News & World Report’s short-term rehabilitation ranking was added in response to increased consumer demand for tools to find high quality rehabilitative care. The outlet consistently hailed the Witherell as a top performer for its skilled nursing services as well. The rankings are based on sets of three claims-based outcomes — rehospitalizations, discharge to the community, emergency department visits, staffing levels, resident complaints, flu vaccinations rates, and more.
“It’s rewarding to receive this recognition for the second year in a row because it speaks to the dedication, quality, and compassion of our rehabilitation staff,” notes Allen Brown, Witherell’s Executive Director. “Within the Greenwich community the Witherell’s excellent reputation is well known, and this ranking helps increase awareness of the Witherell’s services across the state of Connecticut and beyond.”
The full spectrum of short-term rehabilitative care at The Nathaniel Witherell includes:
- Orthopedic:Surgical aftercare for hip, knee, shoulder, and joints
- Cardiac/Pulmonary:Recuperation after heart surgery, heart attack (MI), congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Neurological:Rehabilitation after back surgery, spinal cord injury, stroke (CVA), Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- General Medical:Care for end-stage renal disease (ESRD), cancer recovery, arthritis, and other deconditioning illnesses
- Outpatient Rehabilitation:Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are available on an outpatient basis.
Services are performed in the Witherell’s 4,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility that features distinct suites for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology services, state of the art therapy equipment, and 46 private rooms for comfortable and complete recuperation.
“The Witherell offers a convenient location to recover from injury or serious illness and our top notch staff helps you get you back to the life you previously enjoyed,” says Brown. “Our short-term rehabilitation residents receive care from a highly trained therapeutic team, and they’re able to heal at a beautifully appointed facility right in their own community.”
For information on the Witherell’s short-term rehab services, call: (203) 618-4232 or click here.