Witherell’s origins go back to 1903 when Robert Bruce conveyed nine acres of land and four buildings on Parsonage Road to the Town of Greenwich It was called Greenwich Hospital and was dedicated to the treatment of contagious diseases. In 1917 the “new” Greenwich hospital was established on Perryridge Road and the facility on Parsonage Road was renamed The Municipal Hospital. As medical advances slowly eradicated chronic diseases like TB, Diphtheria, Scarlet Fever and Small pox, the facility adjusted to the needs of the Town and today is a rehab and skilled nursing center caring for the elderly in our Town when living at home is no longer an option, and providing state-of-the-art short-term rehabilitation for those on the mend.
About Us - History
Faces of Witherell
Long Term Resident
A former music teacher, Christine makes sure that she attends all the musical performances at Witherell.