- Orthopedic: Surgical aftercare for hip, knee, shoulder, and joints
- Cardiac/Pulmonary: Recuperation after heart surgery, heart attack (MI), congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Neurological: Rehabilitation after back surgery, spinal cord injury, stroke (CVA), Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- General Medical: Care for end-stage renal disease (ESRD), cancer recovery, arthritis, and other deconditioning illnesses
- Outpatient Rehabilitation: Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are available on an outpatient basis.
Orthopedic rehab available 7 days a week.
If prescribed by your physician, orthopedic rehab sessions are available twice a day, Monday through Friday, and once a day on weekends and most holidays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, rehab sessions are only Monday through Friday until further notice.
Last year over 90% of our admissions were for short-term rehab. Short-term rehab patients reside in a separate and distinct rehab unit, geared to your special needs. There, our full-time licensed rehabilitation staff provides expert medical and nursing care to help you on the road to recovery.
It takes time and effort to build a great staff, so once that staff is in place, we want to keep them. And we do! You’ll be happy to know that the Witherell’s staff turnover rate is six times lower than the State nursing home average. Our goal is to have consistent staff assignments while you’re here.
Thanks to Project Renew, the $27 million renovation that has modernized and refurbished The Nathaniel Witherell, our new 4,000-sqare-foot Rehabilitation Center features:
- Defined suites for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology services
- Training rooms for activities of daily living: kitchen, laundry, and bathroom
- State-of-the-art therapy equipment
- Modalities, electronic stimulation therapy (e-stim), ultrasound
- Fine and gross motor movement activities
- Cutting edge testing and intervention for cognitive, speech, and language impairment
- 46 private rooms for comfortable and complete recuperation
All of the amenities at Witherell are available to short-term rehab residents. Our primary purpose is to get you back to an active life.